Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We're doing our vest


A colleague has spent quite some time phoning around for in search of a thermal vest. She's off to a wedding on the banks of a Scottish loch and it's likely to be chilly.

But could she find one? Could she buffalo. Not even M&S do them. Eventually she turned to Selfridges, a store surely way too modern and trendy these days to stock such a thing. But surprise! - they do. She only found this out after being passed round to at least seven different departments, as no one knew what she was talking about. She had to explain every time what a thermal vest was. And there's no point calling it a foundation garment either, as such coy cover-alls went out with the marital aid.

So the thermal vest has obviously died out. What's next? My money's on the fax machine.

3 comments:

Clair said...

There's still Damart! And Marks have them on their website. (Don't ask me how I know - OK, I am wearing a liberty bodice as I write this...)

Jon Peake said...

I'll pass it on!

Gwen said...

You might be surprised weather wise. I have been in Wakefield today on a company jaunt (I would have preferred Rome to be honest)

Anyway the temperature in Wakefield was significantly cooler than in Glasgow which was a definite surprise to us so you never know. Maybe the Scottish Loch will not be as cold as she fears.

I bought a thermal vest in M&S years ago but I don't know where you would buy one now - unless Scottish branches still sell them, which is a definite possibility.

Labels