Thursday, November 08, 2007

No, get ME out of here


The potential line-up for the new series of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! appears in the papers today. So do we care?

Personally, I won't be watching, as I can't bear this kind of thing. That said, if I happen to catch one of the challenges which sees Cerys from Catatonia having a punnet of lizards dropped on her head while wearing one of those cones dogs wear to stop themselves licking their wounds, then so be it.

However, the line-up is so carefully managed to make sure the Daily Star has its pages full for the entire run and beyond it's obscene.

Among the z-list we've got Rodney Marsh, so no doubt they'll be hoping for some racist comments and a Shilpa/Jade like controversy. The aforementioned Cerys - unstable, big gob, lots of rows. Anna Ryder-Richardson - who's a nasty bit of work in my experience - to cause friction, Janice Dickinson, so let's have some diva-like tantrums. Hollyoaks tartlet Gemma Atkinson: she'll get her tits out and have a romance with past it 5ive hunk 'J' and become the nation's sweethearts. Lynne Franks: her new age beliefs mean she's bonkers so she'll make amusing telly, etc., etc., etc.

It's all so cynical. Please let this one be the last one. Interestingly, no listings mags gave the show their cover for the first time ever. Can it be on the wane?

4 comments:

Clair said...

Worst line-up. Ever. Nobody cares. My dream line up? John Waters, Ann Widdecombe, John Leslie, Will Self, Sam Fox, Maureen Lipman and Shelley the Blue Peter tortoise.

Chris Hughes said...

I've a feeling you've told me before, F-C, but I'd love to know why Anna Ryder-Richardson is a "nasty piece of work".

Jon Peake said...

Take it from me Chris, she's a right cow. Rude, arrogant, mean - you name it.

Valentine Suicide said...

"Please let this one be the last one"

NO!

Please let THE PREVIOUS SERIES be the last one.

Labels