Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dean Friedman is cool shock!


This is a good feature. http://music.aol.com/feature/111-wussiest-songs-number-1 (No matter how many pointers I get on the link thing, I don't actually have such an option here for some reason. Or am I totally blind?)

Anyway, sadly, I like most of the 111 Wussiest Songs as chosen by Blender magazine, and a fair chunk of the 25 Wussiest Artists too. I count Donovan, James Taylor, REM and Graham Nash among my favourites, and you can't beat the odd bit of Dan Fogelberg or Christopher Cross. Still, each to their own.

Thankfully Dean Friedman has been overlooked. But Styx are there!

6 comments:

Clair said...

Well, I'm off one one again. That list's only missing I Wanna Stay With You by Gallagher and Lyle.

Valentine Suicide said...

Well how are we supposed to feel, with all the things they don't reveal?


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I remember every word of that song !!!!

Kolley Kibber said...

As far as I'm concerned, the Wussiest Song Ever is 'Thinking Of You' by the late unlamented Colourbox. It involved a 'Down-on-his-Luck' Terry Hall,plus an anonymous woman who I wanted to shove into a ditch. "You're the kind of person who hasn't anything to lose," she squawked, horribly. Made Dean Friedman look like Tom Waits.

Jon Peake said...

Do you mean Thinking Of You, Ishouldbeworking? It's one of Clair's favourite songs!

Clair said...

Oh yes!!! Don't criticise the Hallmeister around me, mate! The band was The Colourfield, and their Virgins and Philistines album in particular was great. I'm ranting now...

Kolley Kibber said...

Uncanny! I have administered a chinese burn to myself, as a sort of penance for dissing Terry H. But I still feel the same about that song. It was around when I was a student and my best friend Anna used to play it continually. I'm afraid one evening I cracked, took the record from her room and spread Marmite on it.

Labels