Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Things you don't see everyday

I've just come back from lunch with my boss. Not my immediate boss or the one above her, but the main man from overseas who I know, but not terribly well.

Anyway, it was lunch with just him and me. And he not only told me how marvellous I was, but burst into tears, quite uncontrollably and for quite some time. I ended up with my arm around him, comforting him like a dear friend. There was a bit more too it, but I'll keep his confidence.

I have to say, I think we've bonded for all time.

Not that drunk either.

It was quite an experience.

5 comments:

office pest said...

Let me guess - you finally agreed to hand over the negatives, files and safety deposit box key.

Jon Peake said...

If only that were true.

Clair said...

Expect an invitation to the holiday home any time soon, but beware any invitations to share a sauna.

A Kitten in a Brandy Glass said...

Were you making him listen to your Richard Thompson albums, perchance?

office pest said...

OK, it must have been your one man good cop/bad cop routine then. As you were on your own you could've got away with that.
How perfectly ruthless of you, especially for a Wednesday.

Labels