Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ignore me...


I don't know how many times I can post this without having a anger-fuelled brain haemorrhage, but I can't stand celebrity culture and if it doesn't stop spiralling out of control soon I'm moving to Iceland. Underfloor heating, fresh fish, snow - mmmm.

Anyway, on the Radio 2 news this morning, there was an item in which we were told Britney Spears was allowed to see her children.

!!!!!!!!!!

'SO FUCKING WHAT?!', I bellowed to the whole neighbourhood.

Look, when are people going to realise that this sort of thing is only news to Heat readers, not adults. The only celebrities of that ilk I have a vaguely passing interest in are Jordan (because she's bonkers) and Kerry Katona (because she's chav of the year, a junkie and won't admit it, married to a drug dealer and it's only a matter of time before her everything's alright public face cracks, and it wont' be pretty).

At the end of the day, however, I couldn't care less about anyone famous for their private life or famous for tripping out of lots of parties drunk. Proper famous people, now of course that's a different matter. If you're Penny Wilton or Robert Powell, Buffy Sainte Marie or Philip Roth, you're welcome at ours.

Now, I once met Britney Spears in Munich. I had shadow someone who was interviewing her. We were promised 40 minutes, we got five, and they were about three hourse late. She had an entourage like you wouldn't believe, sat under a large hat and spoke inaudibly to answer ridiculous questions like, was she going to marry Justin Timberlake? She was only about 17! Then she was whisked away. There were no smiles, no autographs, no nothing. Just total control by her 'people'. No wonder she's fucked.

And now this apparently is news. When's the next flight to Keflavik?

No comments:

Labels