Monday, December 08, 2008

Something awful is happening to me...


I don't know what's going on with me, but there are three things that up until a few weeks ago I couldn't stand, which I now find myself liking. They are:

Danny Baker: So funny on the radio. Quite an annoying voice (and I don't mean the accent - it's something else), but always something interesting to say. His mind works quite like my own.

Coldplay: I can't tell you how much I love that new song Lost, with Jay-Z (something else I never thought I'd like). It's soooo pre-Christmassy, and if it had been released, say 25 years ago, would be a song that would always remind me of this time of the year. That's kind of as far as it goes though. I mean, I'm not about to rush out and buy the album, and I still think Chris Martin's a twat.

Gavin & Stacey: Having watched the Christmas special last week, I thought it was great. So I went out and bought series 1 & 2 boxed set. Four episodes in, and I can quite see why it's been such a hit. Ruth Jones is hilarious. ("I'll be honest with you Bryn, I 'ates it"). But like I say, I need to do comedy in my own time. And I have.

What next? Tom Waits? Whitebait?

5 comments:

Cocktails said...

You like Gavin & Stacey?!

*Goes back to sitting sulkily alone in the 'I hate G&S corner*

Matthew Rudd said...

The Bake is admirable but that Radio 2 audience will plummet.

Louis Barfe said...

I was always surprised by your Baker-phasia, FC.

Mondo said...

Always been a fan of DB on the radio - he doesn't translate to TV as well though, his voice always reminds of me of a home grown Homer Simpson

Coldplay - haven't heard the tune but do like a couple o' bootleg remixes.

And I really must check Gavin and Stacy out

David said...

I was quite excited when Danny Baker returned to 606 - he was after all the original voice of that show, made it the perfect retreat for a fan with a frustration against players, managers, and especially referees.

Five minutes of his return was enough for me - listening to Mr Baker trying to turn the football forum into a surreal space that Dali would reveal in - "tell us, if your team was a Hawkwind album, who would design the gatefold sleeve" - was not fun.

Labels