Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hurry - while stocks last!



I was thinking of having some official F-C T-shirts made up.

They were recently asking for T-shirt slogan suggestions on The Word website, and they were either brown-nosing Mark Ellen and David Hepworth or utterly ridiculous. My suggestions – like everything I say on that blog – were roundly ignored. So I thought, why not do my own?

Of course you'll have to make them up yourself – they’re not real! But if I were to launch a line, these would be the slogans appearing on my T-shirts.

They might make you some new friends, you never know.

Choose from the following:


GREETINGS TO THE LADY MAYORESS

ANNE STORMS OUT AFTER BLAZING ROW

WHAT’S HOT, MARION?

I DIDN’T KNOW I LOVED YOU TIL I SAW YOU ROCK N ROLL

IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

MAJOR BARBARA

YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE MAD TO WORK HERE – BUT IT HELPS!!!

CRUMPETS ON THE TROLLEY

I'VE BEEN TO NAM - I KNOW WHAT PAIN IS

SHE BRAKES FOR RAINBOWS

HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN MELLOW?

JOLLY GOOD FUN IN REDCLIFFE GARDENS

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD

OUTSIDE IT’S 1971

11 comments:

A Kitten in a Brandy Glass said...

What about "MY OTHER OUTFIT IS A MILITARY JACKET"? Or "I'M WITH STEWPOT"?

Planet Mondo said...

How about...

Give Order Please!

Here Comes Kendo

Southwold Rocks

Embed With Madonna

PS Speaking of Word mag' - you'll find me somewhere on the letters page this month

Five-Centres said...

I've seen you PM. You're a bit of a fixture there.

Thanks for your suggestions both of you. All considered.

Ishouldbeworking said...

I like those, very much.

Mine would probably say "Is that IT?" or "This is IT!" , depending on my mood. Or "Double Scoop with Sprinkles", if I was in another frame of mind altogether.

LF Barfe said...

My current favourite item of clothing is the following:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2528/3743010394_3430b83a34.jpg

Anonymous said...

What about

CYCLISTS, THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT

given your incredibly unpleasant comment on the Word website

Simon

Five-Centres said...

Don't be so literal, you sanctimonious git.

Why does every Word thread turn into a hand-wringing pit of self-righteousness? Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm obviously a bit thick. What did your comment mean then if I can't take it literally.

The sanctimonious git

Five-Centres said...

Read my reply to your comment on the word thread.

I mean the risks they take mean they're asking for trouble. I'm not setting out to kill anyone.

Graham said...

Can I please have: "We're alright We're ALRIGHT!"

Thunderbird5 said...

Planet M:

The Unmasking of Kendo Nagasaki ?

Kent Walton believes in Mick McManus

----

newsbeatnewsbeatnewsbeat

Yah Hoo Hoo Hoo Hooey

Soft on the outside, chewy on the inside (re - for you untraumatized ones - those Softmint jobs advertised by that bouncing white-padded Mr Soft cove back in the 80s)

Labels