Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm in there - sort of


So we'd just had some super oven-baked pork chops with some fresh greens and some mashed parsnips. The cat was curled up in her basket next to a roaring log fire. What, we wondered, should we watch on such a cold and wintry night? Not I'm A Celebrity..., that's for sure.

Should we perhaps watch all those backed up episodes of Waterloo Road that litter Sky+, or yet another Poliakoff drama about about some nutcase living in a big house? Nothing on any of the favourited channels BBC4 and More4. So what about that Waking The Dead series one DVD, or start the House Of Cards trilogy at last, or crack into The Lakes? So many choices.

Needless to say, we were seduced by I'm A Celeb and all good intentions went right out the window. These are my good intentions, by the way. If you like this sort of thing, well good luck to you. Just that usually it's not my bag, as I've stated in previous posts.

However, I have to say, I thought it was thoroughly entertaining. A good mix of contesntats, I thought. Janice Dickinson is as insane as ITV1 hoped she would be, already clashing with new age donut Lynn Franks. The others have yet to show a personality, except for an over-familiar Marc Bannerman who's hugging everyone in sight, and from behind too, something I really dislike.

I can't help wondering what Cerys Matthews is doing there though. I think all credibility has been lost now, whether she wins or not. And Ant and Dec seem just a tiny bit tainted by the phone-in scandals, but hey, we can forgive them anything.

But as to whether I shall watch again - I don't know. I've got two big dos on this week, one of which (tonight) involves meeting Dame Judi Dench, which will be nice. The other is a big awards ceremony. No, I'm not up for anything. I'll just be watching while everyone else around me wins. So I may lose the thread.

I don't care one way or the other. I just like entertainment.

4 comments:

Bright Ambassador said...

I watched the first half hour and that American woman was getting on my tits.
Gemma Atkinson is no better looking sans make-up than a hundred girls walking down my local high street.
And I think I'm the only person in the world who can't stand Cerys Matthews or that awful band she was in.

Graham Kibble-White said...

I used to work at Mersey Telly, and when Gemma Atkinson (who is very nice by the way) first joined Hollyoaks I remember the agreeable murmur went round that it was refreshing to see they'd cast someone who looked 'normal' for a change...

Jon Peake said...

Yes, she's an all-round corker.

Bright Ambassador said...

She looks like her ex, Christiano Ronaldo, who would look mighty fine in drag, by the way. High cheekbones you see.

Labels