Friday, January 09, 2009

This week R not good enough

I saw John Sergeant at The Dorchester yesterday. He does look old. I snubbed him, naturally.

In other news, this week I've had a leaking ceiling, a flat tyre and my verrucas are still being burnt off and they hurt. Only two more treatments to go. Enjoying your lunch? But I did see rather a good DVD, The Long Weekend, fuelling my obsession with Australian cinema, and about who take no notice of nature - so it starts to fight back. Cocktails will know it, I'm sure.

Still rather parky isn't it. Better news is that I've started selling CDs again. I had another weed through and decided that as I don't actually have a CD player anymore then what's the point of keeping the likes of the Espers CD or endless Sandy Denny compilations. So far, The Groovin' With Mr Bloe album in in double figures. Relax, they're all on the ipod.

As it's Friday, here's a song that took me aaaaaaaages to get into - more than 20 years really, but now that I have, I can't get enough of it. This is pure John Hughes Eighties. I've never seen the film.

Have a smashing weekend.

Cyndi Lauper/The Goonies R Good Enough

2 comments:

Cocktails said...

I haven't seen that one! Must get around to it - it stars the lovely John Hargreaves too I think. Always liked him. You've seen Don's Party I guess?

Jon Peake said...

Oh yes, Don's Party is ace.

Labels